Friday, June 5, 2009

Nicknames Equal Greatness

A long time ago I heard that "nicknames equal greatness." I tend to agree. This concept is easy to see in the world of sports - if you don't have either one really cool nickname or multiple nicknames, your probably not a top tier superstar. For example, here's a list of some of my favorites just to name a few: charlie hustle, air, sweetness, prime-time, golden bear (bonus points for anyone who names the athletes respectively). Chuck, you nailed it when you said that nicknames are really just terms of endearment, whether it be amongst friends or when referring to sports figures. I'm curious though, if nicknames can be a good thing, can't they also be a bad thing? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any "bad nicknames", but there's gotta be some out there. And if there is, then this shoots "nicknames equal greatness" theory out of the water. I mean, what if you had a bunch of "bad" nicknames, your probably not all that great. Also, are there any of those "good-looking S.O.B." pictures for sale. Autographed? Interested buyer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment